“To have an Informed Youth that is Skilled, Independent and has Access to Economic Opportunities”
“To provide Youth with relevant Information and Skills to be Economical Active”
Youth Development Overview
YDC Annual Report
Information, Advice & Referral
We provide a multipurpose entry point to all of our services rendered at the youth development centre, where an individual or group’s needs are assessed in order to guide them on the right path, whether further training/workshops or access to economic or employment opportunities. We provide youth with information on government institutions, referrals, access to newspapers for job search, internship/learnership application and access to information though pamphlet.
- Face to Face assistance(Information Desk)
- Information Access (kiosk table)
- Free access to internet for Job opportunities and Bursary application etc.
- Compulsory life skills services and Job readiness programmes for all walk in’s including job seekers and Lula way to do job readiness.
- Access to Newspaper and notice board for job seekers
- Referrals to government services
Social Awareness programmes
We promote health and well being in the community by facilitating awareness sessions through events, expos, meetings and workshops. These sessions aim at empowering communities on matters related to skills development, economic opportunities and enterprise development.
Awareness on Health &well being:
- Boy_child/Girl_child mentor-ship programme.
- Digital literacy awareness programme.
- Job and skills development awareness.
- Social work services and referrals.
- Referrals to public institutions.
The overall objective is to alleviate poverty and unemployment by supporting vocational training and job creation projects for unemployment, especially from historical disadvantage communities. The skills development service delivery in our youth centre is coordinated into three bouquets